Most Historic, Famous Cafés
- Café Olimpico; this café is located in Montreal and is truly representative of the blossoming and fruitful café scene in the city. This café has been around since 1970 and is located in what is now known as the Mile End district. It is known for its incredible coffee and for its heavy Italian influence.
- Caffe Reggio; located in New York’s infamous Greenwich Village, this has been a New York staple since 1927. It has a subtle and subdued look but has had some famous and prestigious clients including Bob Dylan.
- Gran Café de Paris; this is not actually located in Paris, but rather in Morroco. It has gorgeous views and is known for its rich history, great coffee and retro look and feel. It has also been the set of several movies, including the immensely popular Bourne Ultimatum.
Most Luxurious Cafés
These are just three of the oldest cafés, best known for their coffee and history. There are also a plethora of luxurious cafés, some of the most lavish include the following:
- Vogue Café; located in Moscow, this chic café prides itself on great coffee and drinks as well as gourmet lunches and food, curated by some of the best in the business.
- Emporio Armani Café; this café is located in one of the busiest malls in Dubai and is a prestigious coffee house, owned and inspired by the Armani brand.
- Café de la Paix; this is a famous café located in Paris, and is located right across from the famous Opera house. It draws eager visitors from all over the world, but the coffee and menu options do run for a premium. This is a place which has also been featured in movies, and attended and frequented by celebrities.
So How Do You Draw Inspiration from These Iconic Cafés for Your Own?
If you want to create an iconic café of your own, but do not have a time machine to go back and open it decades ago, and you do not have an unlimited budget to create a luxurious and elite café, there is still hope for you! There are lots of ways to create the same look and feel of these iconic cafés on a more conservative budget and timeframe:
- Try to use staple and subtle furniture; you can save money by buying furniture which is inexpensive in neutral colours and focus more on accent pieces to create an upscale vibe. You can even refurbish old furniture by using things such as the ikea ektorp sofa cover to refresh your existing furniture.
- Unique pieces; try to find unique art, accent pillows and other timeless accessories to make your café unique.
- Great coffee; of all the places to cut costs, try not to skimp on the coffee you buy or the other ingredients for that matter. If your café has food, try a smaller but more refined menu.